Job and RFP Classifieds
Click on the ad title to see the detailed view of the ad. If you wish to purchase a classified ad, click the button below:
Jobs can be posted for 45 days increments at a cost of $45.00 per period.
The employers listed below have supported APA Virginia by sponsoring our annual conference this year in Wintergreen.
Organization: Montgomery County
Location: Christiansburg, Virginia
Provides leadership and support to the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. Responsibilities include comprehensive and village planning, zoning and subdivision administration, automation of land development review processes, capital improvement programming and GIS.
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Planning or related field; minimum of 10 years experience in professional planning work and experience in leadership and supervision. Master's degree and AICP certification preferred.
Apply at www.montgomerycountyva.gov/e-services.
Organization: Planning Department
Location: Chesapeake, VA
The City of Chesapeake, Virginia (pop. 231,542) is seeking a highly motivated individual to perform professional housing and community development work in support of comprehensive and current planning activities of the City.
Major Duties and Tasks:
• Help coordinate roughly $1.4 million annually in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership (HOME) entitlement funds.
• Process the annual CDBG and HOME contracts with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), as well as sub-recipient agreements.
• Assist the Chesapeake Redevelopment & Housing Authority (CRHA) in the preparation of the City's Five-Year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, and Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER).
• Coordinate request for funding applications for the CDBG and HOME Programs.
• Assist in monitoring grant recipients to ensure compliance with federal regulations and timely expenditures.
• Maintain activities in HUD's Integrated Disbursement & Information System (IDIS), as well as other technical records, data and reports in coordination with the City's Finance Department.
• Interact and develop professional relationships with representatives of federal, state, and other public sector organizations, consultants, foundations and citizens.
• Help prepare agenda items for City Council meetings; assuring that all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to federal programs are adhered to, timelines are followed, and deadlines are met.
• Help coordinate all public hearings/comment periods and provide written comments to responses.
Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree in urban planning or closely related field and minimum two years of full time equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Salary and Benefits: This is a part-time position (25 hours/week) and the salary is $28,032.
To apply: Interested applicants must submit an application on-line by visiting www.jobs.cityofchesapeake.net . Job Closing: 11:59 PM September 12, 2014.
Organization: Town of Kitty Hawk
Location: Kitty Hawk, NC
Located on North Carolina’s beautiful Outer Banks the Town of Kitty Hawk, population 3,800 and up to 17,000 seasonal, is seeking experienced applicants for the Director of Planning and Inspections position which is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Town’s Planning and Inspections department.
Responsibilities include interpreting and enforcing the Town’s Zoning and Subdivision ordinances, the Coastal Area Management Act, other planning, environmental, and building regulations, community development related ordinances as well as overseeing the building inspections process. Duties also entail assisting customers with planning, zoning, subdivision, or related land development issues, grant preparation and administration, site plan review, supervision of employees, serving as staff liaison to the Planning Board, Board of Adjustment and Town Council, coordination of post storm damage assessment, and preparation of the department’s budget.
Successful candidates must also be a customer service oriented team player, and possess excellent communication and presentation skills. Qualifications: combination of education and exp. equivalent to a Masters degree in planning or a related field and 5 years of supervisory exp. in municipal planning.
Salary range $61,982.05 - $90,948.76. Please submit letter of interest and resume to: Melody Clopton, Management Assistant, PO Box 549, Kitty Hawk NC 27949. Position is open until filled; we will start reviewing applications the week of September 22nd. The Town of Kitty Hawk is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Town of Colonial Beach
Location: Colonial Beach, Virginia
Salary: DOE/DOQ (+) benefits.
Master's Degree in urban planning (preferred), public administration, engineering, business administration or combination of education, training and experience to sufficiently demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position. Certified as a professional planner via the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP). Specialized technical training in zoning, building and/or property maintenance. Minimum of five years of municipal management, planning and customer service experience. Knowledge of zoning and land use regulations. Knowledge and three years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook). Use of proper English grammar demonstrated in written communication and speech. Valid Virginia Driver's license. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Please submit town application and resume to: Sherri Wilkerson, 18 N. Irving Avenue, Colonial Beach, VA 22443. Position open until filled. EOE